Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture has been cited by the World Health Organization to treat 43 conditions including:
|Addiction-alcohol, drug, smoking
|Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
|Low back pain
|Urinary tract infection
National Institute of Health Conference (NIH) found Acupuncture:
* Effective for adult post-operative and chemotherapy nausea and vomiting; a reasonable option for post-operative myofascial and low back pain; should be a part of a comprehensive program for asthma, addiction and smoking cessation.
* Has substantially lower incidence of adverse effects than many drugs or accepted medical procedures used for the same conditions.
* The data in support of acupuncture are as strong as for many accepted Western medical therapies.
Clinical Research (NIH) demonstrates that Acupuncture:
* Stimulates bone regrowth
* Regulates blood pressure
* Increases red and white blood cell count
The Body Electric by Robert Becker, MD; The Vital Meridian by Alan Bensoussian state that:
* Acupuncture stimulates production of pain modulating endorphins and enkephalins.
Acupuncture seems to have the positive side benefit of giving the person a greater sense of well-being.